HTML BBCode (permission protected) [Deleted]

Of course if they anted something other than a banner with link, e.g. formatted html then yes, they'd need the addon, but you could allow them the image and then also some normal text with other links as with any normal post.
Ahh thank you. I got the add-on so they can do what they like. If only I could limit their html usage to their own moderated forum section. I have them as a mod for their section, but will have to trust they won't plaster their ads in other areas.

Ahh thank you. I got the add-on so they can do what they like. If only I could limit their html usage to their own moderated forum section.

I think you could with forum permissions, but if there a lot of them, each with their own forum, then it could get complex.

Each user would need a separate usergroup so that e.g.

Group A has permission for forum J
Group B has permission for forum K
Group C has permission for forum L

Unless you can have user permissions per forum (as opposed to use group per forum) but i don't think you can.

Yes your first suggestion looks like it would work, I'll name each group very descriptive for future clarity as it would involve many groups (hopefully). Is there an add-on to get people to come to my site? lol Thanks again!

Actually I don't think it works as the individual "node permissions" for a group are mostly about moderating. In "group permissions" you allow the html, but that enables it throughout entire site.

@Luke F
Will this work with showcase addon pages and WF pages?
This only works with the first tab for Showcase.

I don't think Luke has any intention of adding support as he hasn't responded to a PC or a post in this thread regarding an issue with the add-on.

EDIT: I actually need a replacement, and am thinking of getting one developed as I can't wait for Luke to possibly respond or add the support.

Last edited:
I wish i never bought this add-on because he never replied to my suggestion and it has not been updated/new features added.

he's on my list of developers not to buy from

This add-on is written so that it extends XenForo's parser and formatter directly, rather than going through XenForo's proxy system. This design will break all other add-ons that use XenForo's parser via the correct proxy method, such as VaultWiki. DO NOT USE!!

Working absolutely perfect to integrate html in posts. very useful to add forms / paypal buttons in posts [users with permissions]. Great support of the developer. Thanks Luke. ★★★★★

I have a suggestion. How can we add a click option. It gets tiring everytime typing it out.

gpl-jz-eb2qa-1-a_cq-t4-jpg.74849

For every post i have to type in [parsehtml] [/parsehtml]

It would be great if we could just click an icon and [parsehtml] [/parsehtm] would appear.​

Other than that. This mod works great. I use it everyday

It is possible to add new buttons easily using this addon: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bbcodes-buttons-manager.1731/
there are another way to install the button without use that addon? that addons looks very heavy with those thousand of features. I only need the button. any idea how add that little button? to paste our "[parsehtml] [/parsehtml]" easily?

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 9.44.30 PM.webp [?]​

This add-on is written so that it extends XenForo's parser and formatter directly, rather than going through XenForo's proxy system. This design will break all other add-ons that use XenForo's parser via the correct proxy method, such as VaultWiki. DO NOT USE!!
Haven't looked to deeply into this. Are you saying that it can be modified to work properly but has not been done or that even doing so will render this addon unusable?

Haven't looked to deeply into this. Are you saying that it can be modified to work properly but has not been done or that even doing so will render this addon unusable?
I honestly can't tell where this assumption or - better call it - accusation comes from. It does make use of the XenForo Class Proxy System and it works very well together with my own BBCode Addons.

there are another way to install the button without use that addon? that addons looks very heavy with those thousand of features. I only need the button. any idea how add that little button? to paste our "[parsehtml] [/parsehtml]" easily?

Does anyone know how to add the button for this AddOn so I don't have to type it anymore?

Thanks
It's fairly easy once you figured out how to do it and where to begin with, but quite complicated for someone with little and imo impossible for someone with no coding knowledge. I'm doing it in several of my addons, for example my Inline Spoiler or Editor Post Templates addon. Feel free to scan through them and help yourself (js/KL/[AddonName]/Full/extend.js).

Top Bottom