How Xenforo 2.2 new SEO settings could optimize our forums?

Max Fridman

With Xenforo 2.2 release, we have now more options for fine-tune our SEO settings you can find the details here:

For example removing from Google threads without answers or our oldest threads? Whats your opinion about this?

"Removing" something from Google Search can improve our SEO rankings overall or is a loss/loss situation? And you will apply this changes for your community eventually? Let me know :)

The problem is that xenforo has no way to distinguish between a high quality thread and a low quality thread. We can guess that a thread with low post count may be bad quality. We dont know if there is one word or 1000 words in that post. Or we can guess that a thread with negative ratings on the first post may be bad quality. But in fact some of our best threads start out with a bad post, getting stellar responses.

I think that it has great potential but will require custom development to make it work effectively.

Outdated threads seems something we as forum managers should look into. I dont know if Reddit for example after 5 years remove from the indexing their topics.

One thing that they do is "Archive" 6 months old threads.

Top Bottom