XF 1.4 How to remove the link to google maps in the member cards?

rafass

I want to get rid that link to google maps. is useless. how can I remove it?
I mean, remove the link to google maps, but show the info of the location.
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure I'll not install an addon to remove couple href 's :D
pointer-events: none works in almost all the browsers. perfect to me. 99% Really don't care IE
Anyway would be great improve this kind of things in the future, it should be optional. or improve the system and accept only real locations.

For a moment I thought that this was the solution to the problem, unfortunately that option is worthless.(n)

123.webp

I think you may need to take it all more slowly. Not requesting location info and having the member location field blank certainly seems to solve your problem 100%, particularly as you say you have people displaying nonsense on your system from that field.

Likewise the earlier PHP suggestion kills his totally as I just found with a few test edits.

With what you say above about the XenForo option being worthless... it actually works as intended doesn't it?

The instructions below it say you MUST enter a {location] field as you can see, and yet you tried # - hardly their fault. If you want to try # for some reason make it #{location} and it will work... but what that really gains you over doing the things almost everyone else does, like deleting nonsense locations or not asking for them in the first place I can't imagine.

Ideally I think in a future update XenForo should probably make it that if that link field is blank it does not go off to Google but just accepts that no links are wanted.

Great that all sorts of ideas are in here now anyway... and good luck with it all.

Steve

Last edited:
Really don't care IE

On my system the usage is about two thirds IE. What browsers are used generally seems to be argued about and some folks clearly lie and add together various browsers to give false figures - they sometimes explain why they do that in their small print - saying they have to add Opera and Chrome together or whatever. One set of figures that are close to what I see are here: http://www.netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=1&qpcustomb=0#

Whatever you believe not caring about billions of Internet users when you run an online system doesn't seem a great idea...though it has to be up to you what you care about/believe.

accept only real locations

The garden, the house, here, and so on are all real locations. If you know a way to do what you suggest then you could turn off the location field and add your own Custom Field for Location, and then you can use whatever criteria you like on it.

I do that with names. I have a Custom Field for First and Last Name... that works great as it checks that it is a name and a space and a name otherwise they do not get past it. I also have a second location field where I ask for their actual true detailed location as opposed to the normal 'on display' public one, as I want to know proper names and locations for all of my members even though I don't display that info. Each system does as they want/need on such things of course.

I see this system lists a location and has links to a map for me, and for you there is no location and no links... I still get this 'if it aint broke don't fix it feeling' as that seems great to me.

All the best from London, wherever you are... :)

Steve

Top Bottom