XF 2.1 How to lower ignore limit?

thanks

How to lower the ignore max for users? I know you can increase but what if, for example, I wanted to make it so the max number of people users can ignore on my forum is 2. Thanks

There is no option in a stock XF that does this, as far as I know.
I know you can increase
I couldn't find an option or permission that does this. Or did you mean members can keep adding new members to be ignored?

I have an add-on (paid) that will allow those with the permission to view who is ignored the most and who is ignoring the most. An interesting metric to gauge the healthiness of your community. I haven't updated it for a while as I couldn't think of a feature to add to it, maybe an ignore limit?
No need, your username says it all, :)

There is no option in a stock XF that does this, as far as I know.

I couldn't find an option or permission that does this. Or did you mean members can keep adding new members to be ignored?

I have an add-on (paid) that will allow those with the permission to view who is ignored the most and who is ignoring the most. An interesting metric to gauge the healthiness of your community. I haven't updated it for a while as I couldn't think of a feature to add to it, maybe an ignore limit?

No need, your username says it all, :)
Hi Lawrence! I’m trying to buy your add-on but it’s taking me to another site. Can you detail the steps to do this? Thanks.

Edit: Registered to your site and paid via PayPal.

Last edited:
P.S. An ignore limit would be a phenomenal addition to your add-on. I’m willing to pay whatever you feel is fair to get this done. Thank you!

Thank-you for purchasing the add-on. I'll be switching to a store type purchases in the future.

Any updates I do for my add-ons have always been free for those who have purchased them. I'll be updating the add-on, but it may not be as quick as you like as I need to head out of province in a couple of days to visit a terminally ill family member (not covid related).

Thank-you for purchasing the add-on. I'll be switching to a store type purchases in the future.

Any updates I do for my add-ons have always been free for those who have purchased them. I'll be updating the add-on, but it may not be as quick as you like as I need to head out of province in a couple of days to visit a terminally ill family member (not covid related).
No problem, Lawrence, take your time. Best wishes to you and yours.

No problem, Lawrence, take your time. Best wishes to you and yours.
An update, I do have a limit in place now. I have some more testing to do and a couple of template modifications to add, if, for example, the registered group is set to 0 ignored users the link needs to be removed in the member tooltip card and on the account page (if they are currently not ignoring anyone, if they are the link is left so they can unignore them in the future).

Default on install/upgrade is 5 for the registered user group, and unlimited for administrative and moderating user groups.

When a member hits their limit (say 5), and want to ignore another member, they need to unignore one first.

An update, I do have a limit in place now. I have some more testing to do and a couple of template modifications to add, if, for example, the registered group is set to 0 ignored users the link needs to be removed in the member tooltip card and on the account page (if they are currently not ignoring anyone, if they are the link is left so they can unignore them in the future).

Default on install/upgrade is 5 for the registered user group, and unlimited for administrative and moderating user groups.

When a member hits their limit (say 5), and want to ignore another member, they need to unignore one first.

Sounds perfect, Lawrence. That’s exactly what we’re looking for. No rush to finish. In the meantime, I’ll be purchasing a few more of your add-ons as a thank you. :)

I'll finish up the testing this afternoon, and if all goes well, I'll release the new version tomorrow, :)

Hi Lawrence, I downloaded the new version you just released and it's working beautifully. Can't thank you enough for your effort here.

To anyone else reading, it's a phenomenal add-on. You can see the most ignored users, who they're ignored by, and now of course limiting the maximum number of people that can be ignored, and other things as well. Great, easy to use add-on at a really cheap price!

I actually have a free add-on which adds a "ignore limit" permission;

It doesn't do all the other stuff, but it is useful to quickly force a sane limit.

Top Bottom