How do I properly make the sidebar display only for specific usergroups?

EQnoble

I have successfully added a sidebar Item to the thread_view for display when viewing threads and now was wondering what is the correct way to set the condition to display only if visitor is x,y,or z usergroupID

this is what I basically added

Code:
 <xen:sidebar>

<xen:include template="sidebar_xx_item" />

</xen:sidebar>

What kind of conditions and how can it be done is basically what I'm asking of anyone that can offer the help.

This works just fine...THANK YOU!

Is there something similar for a specific userID as well...my brain is saying something like $user, 2 but I can't think of how to put that together.

The user ID is stored in the $visitor array, with the key: user_id.
So you can try...
Rich (BB code):
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} == N">
    <!-- Stuff -->
</xen:if>

Works just fine there sir! Note to anyone trying it...if you don't supply it with an actual userID and leave such as the example N upon saving xenforo will throw you back an error..don't fret just supply your user id ( I used 1 for admin ) and save and all should be fine.

Thanks again Shedab

You're welcome.

And yes, "N" is to be replaced with either an integer or a variable containing an integer;
to work correctly.

Hey while I got yah with all the answers here :-), is there a similar snippit I could use for forumID ?

Hey while I got yah with all the answers here :), is there a similar snippit I could use for forumID ?

u can use for forumIDs this code, an example in thread_view template ( i use in that )
HTML:
<xen:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}, array(5,7,8,9,26))">
u can edit this code for ur main target
like-->
HTML:
<xen:if is="in_array({$visitor.user_id}, array(1,2,3,54,645645))">

via using this codes, u will add less codes, not code crowding (sorry my English =) )

Top Bottom