XF 2.1 Hiding or using bbcode icons in signature text box

Mr Lucky

I've noticed here on xenforo forum, there is only a limited number of bbcode icons in the signature text box.

On my forum, they ae all there, so this includes things don't don't work in a signature such as spoilers.

How do i either:

• Hide some of those icons
  • Allow specific non-custom bbcodes in signatures?

Thanks

Last edited:
For the first question (hide):

AdminCP >> Groups & permissions >> {select group} >> Signature permissions

Select the elements you want to allow allow for that group as either Yes, No, or Never

Thanks that explains some of what confuses me.

Extended just implies But if I have extended allowed, it imp-;ies only color font size. But I can see insert spoiler etc. but the spoiler doesn't actually render the bbcode.

Ah, I just realised, could it be I see them all as I'm a super admin. Normal members with permissions for extended text formatting get to see colors etc. but not spolier.

Hmmm... I don't know. If I prohibit certain features to say the Registered group, the icons for those elements don't appear on the editor bar.

Does it happen in the default Xenforo style as well?

Possibly a conflict with an addon affecting the editor bar?

Ah, I just realised, could it be I see them all as I'm a super admin. Normal members with permissions for extended text formatting get to see colors etc. but not spolier.
Yes. That's where the Log In As User comes in handy so you can check permissions for other groups. If you don't use that, create test accounts for various usergroups and log in with those to see what that user group sees.

I think we posted at same time.

OK, I have just realised the main issue is because of a bug I already reported (and totally forgot)

I thought the bcode wasn't working but it was, it just doesn't render in the signature edit box

See:

Ahh. Yes, I have a couple of custom BBCodes too and just tested those in Signature. They don't work there in 2.1.5 either. You just get the BBCode, not the actual element.

Also, oddly enough, one of the custom BBCode images appears in the signature editor (but doesn't work) and two others don't even show the icon even though all three previously had the Use in signatures box checked.

I guess the best workaround for now is to uncheck the Use in signatures box so the icons don't appear.

Top Bottom