Hide Signatures

Hide Signatures 1.1.0b1

No permission to download

Sim

Sim submitted a new resource:

Hide Signatures - Add a permission setting to control who can hide signatures

Add a permission setting to control who can hide signatures - intended to be used with account upgrades so that you can restrict which user groups can hide user signatures.

This permission over-rides the user preference and always shows signatures on posts and media comments they view, unless the "Can hide signatures" permission is set to "Yes".

View attachment 227749

To prevent confusion, there is also an option which can be set to add a hint to the " Show people's...

Read more about this resource...

This addon makes guests see the signatures even if you have that option disabled in Xenforo's Options. Any way to fix that?

This addon makes guests see the signatures even if you have that option disabled in Xenforo's Options. Any way to fix that?

Why would you want to force members to see signatures but have guests not see them? I don't understand your use-case here?

The purpose of this addon is to force signatures to be displayed, so it ignores the option to globally disable them for guests.

My use case is that having a signature is a premium feature on my site - only upgraded users may use a signature. This is aimed at my Business Members who are mainly only allowed to advertise via their signature block.

Similarly, the option to hide signatures is also a premium feature - only upgraded members may choose to hide signatures. Everyone who is a guest or regular member is forced to see the signatures of the upgraded members - this is so the Business Member signatures are seen by as many people as possible.

If you can explain what you are trying to achieve I can see if that requirement makes sense for this addon.

Some of my members have huge signatures, so I give members the ability to hide them. They show by default, but you can disable them. I like that. I don't want guests to see signatures though, it also affects SEO. I want my users to have the ability to hide signatures, but not force them to be viewed. It works for everyone the way I want it to except guests :)

I did give guests the permission to hide signatures but that didn't work either.

Last edited:
Some of my members have huge signatures, so I give members the ability to hide them. They show by default, but you can disable them. I like that. I don't want guests to see signatures though, it also affects SEO. I want my users to have the ability to hide signatures, but not force them to be viewed. It works for everyone the way I want it to except guests :)

I did give guests the permission to hide signatures but that didn't work either.

Can't you do that with out-of-the-box functionality?

User can choose to disable signatures - it's core functionality. You can also turn off the "Show signatures to guests" forum option.

Or is it only certain usergroups who will get the ability to hide the signatures?

Can't you do that with out-of-the-box functionality?

User can choose to disable signatures - it's core functionality. You can also turn off the "Show signatures to guests" forum option.

Or is it only certain usergroups who will get the ability to hide the signatures?

I didn't know hiding signatures was a core feature. LOL. I thought this add-on was putting it in the User CP. You are right... the stock functionality is good for my purposes.

Reactions: Sim
Top Bottom