XF 2.2 Help! Display different to other users

Alvin63

So there I was thinking my forum page looked nice - but people would sign up and then disappear again straight away. Even people I know made no comment. So I signed up as someone else and it looks terrible! Some nodes have blue balloon icons, others have orange ones (instead of all the same). Some nodes have bold titles some dont'. What is going on there?

First pic is what I see - on my pc signed in as Admin

Second pic is what everyone else sees! When they sign up. The first three node balloons are all orange then alternate then all over the place. I notice the orange balloons are the ones with heavier typeface.

Page I see.jpg

Bad display.jpg

Last edited:
That's showing 'new' vs 'read' threads/topics. that's normal.

people are leaving because your site is empty. too many categories with 0 content. merge stuff. Split only when you can put 50 threads into it

So basically when a topic is read it changes colour and typeface?! It doesn't do that on my pc. Only when signed in as non admin? I want the node typeface to stay the same and look uniform. So if all nodes have read content will all the balloons turn orange? Do I get a choice in what colour they change to?

I have only just set the site up - the few people signing in are those I know and I've been asking for feedback.

Ok I found where to change the balloon colour in Style Properties - Node/forum list and changed the Orange to a different shade of blue. I can live with that. So will all the icons be the second colour when there are more posts in each category? The bold and not bold though doesn't look good - it looks like a mistake. Anything I can do about that?

Top Bottom