Group Moderators [Deleted]

Mr. Jinx

Mr. Jinx submitted a new resource:

Group Moderators - Add special group moderators to your forum to manage your groups

Give moderators or normal users an extra permission so they can manage member groups. This way they can view, add and remove members from a specific group.

Normally, only the admin can add/remove members to groups. On large forums, this can be a pain and you may want to give this permission to other moderators er even some special users. That is exactly what this addon does.

Installation
  • Copy the directory upload\library from the archive to your forum directory...

Read more about this resource...

I'm not sure if I fully understand you, but have a look at the screenshots over here : https://xenforo.com/community/resources/group-moderators.6334/
I don't think you can compare this to a social group addon.

My usecase:
I have some members that develop firmware. These developers have their own node, which can only be accessed or viewed if you are a member of a special group. They use this 'private' node to share the results of new beta firmware with a select group of users.
Normally, these developers asked me to add / remove users. Now they can control it their self without bothering me.

Last edited:
Do you have any plans to port this addon to XF 2? It should be a built in feature.

The ability to set a group moderator in the specific group's page for that specific group would be nice if you're looking for suggestions.

This addon is currently being ported to XF 2.0. I will probably offer it for download once everything is tested.
Right now there are no new features, but thanks for the suggestion @Vanjoe , who knows in a next release.

Top Bottom