Got some time... want to go down a rabbit hole

TPerry

Then pay special attention to the ones dealing with the "try not to dance" ones. I hate to admit it... many of them I find myself "grooving" to the sound even though I don't dance well.
It's also amazing how many young folks recognize the 1970's and 1980's songs.
You can thank me later for screwing up any spare time you have. :eek: :LOL:

Last edited:
My youngest hates most modern popular music. (If she does like something, it's usually obscure.) We had dinner the other night and we sat in the bar looking at a wall of album covers, with many from the 60s and 70s (mostly classic rock, local stuff like Motown, a few 80s and alternative titles). Scary that she recognized quite a few of them, including a Miles Davis she's seen among my collection.

My son was heavily into EDM the last few years he lived at home. Then, not long after he moved away for university, he started listening to 70s Springsteen and Led Zeppelin and other "classic rock" from my childhood years. Not sure what he is into now that he is in the "real world" (engineer in the semiconductor industry). I know he and his partner went to see My Chemical Romance a year or so ago but that might be her music.

My youngest grew up hearing a lot of what I used to play back in the day. Actually both of my kidlets did, but my oldest has more of my ex's poor taste in music. It's ironic, in a funny way, how my youngest hates her mom's two favorite bands (Journey and Bon Jovi). 😁 But I did play many different genres while they were growing up--if it wasn't playing in the house, I had something going in the car. One thing my youngest is missing out on, for now, is owning music in physical form. But I think once she's more settled into where she's living and gets more income (she's due a $10K raise once her promotion goes through), she'd probably go on a few record crawls with me...

Top Bottom