XF 2.2 Google Search Console says I have breadcrumbs issues

TimWilson

Finally got around to adding Google Search Console, and it almost immediately identified a problem with our breadcrumbs, specifically that we're missing the field "position" in "itemListElement". Here's the very serious-looking email they sent me.

breadcrumbs1.webp

It says I have this problem on over 22,000 pages, which sounds bad. As far as I know, no changes were made to the default installation, so I'm not sure what happened or why.

I also have no idea how to fix this. Google's suggestion is to look for an add-on. LOL Oooookay, happy to do that. There are obviously a handful of breadcrumbs add-ons here, but I don't know that any of them addresses this particular problem.

So, does anybody have any ideas what I should be looking for and what I should be doing about it?

Thanks so much!
Tim

Unless you can reproduce this on an unmodified default style, it would generally be due to a modified PAGE_CONTAINER template. In any case it's not an error that would prevent pages from appearing in search results, it would only affect the display of breadcrumbs.

In any case it's not an error that would prevent pages from appearing in search results, it would only affect the display of breadcrumbs.

That's great news! And thanks for the clue to look at PAGE_CONTAINER! I'll look at that...

Did you find a solution?

....because no, I haven't!

My working theory had been to look at a new theme, thinking that, yeah some modification I couldn't track down was messing things up.

I had put this on the back burner, but am now excited to look again! I'll definitely post here if I find anything!

Top Bottom