XF 2.2 Google Search Console Post Redirect Issue

I have replied to your ticket but for anyone else wondering ...

The first URL is the permanent link to the post.
That ensures the post is loaded regardless whether it is moved to a new thread or not, or other posts are moved into the thread before it.

The second URL ensures the page is loaded at the correct position using the # anchor.

The permanent URLs should not be indexed as there is nothing to index other than the thread.
The URLs are set to nofollow for this reason.

I see this on my report as well, are you saying to just ignore it or is there something to change to prevent the permanent link from being attempted to index to begin with? It sounds like you're saying the URLs are set to nofollow so it shouldn't be even attempted and something is configured wrong.
Thanks!

I see this on my report as well, are you saying to just ignore it or is there something to change to prevent the permanent link from being attempted to index to begin with? It sounds like you're saying the URLs are set to nofollow so it shouldn't be even attempted and something is configured wrong.
Thanks!

+1

Sounds like it. Hiding the XF built-in 301s for Google and guests is what was suggested to me. I'm not familiar enough to know how to make that happen though. Research is required (or someone that knows helping :D )

Top Bottom