Going mad...

Pretty sure most of the board owners never heard of GDPR, at least here in Germany, I haven't noticed anything about that at all. It's barely covered in the media aswell.
On the contrary, I had to sign multiple times in the past weeks IRL some kind of GDPR agreement, lmao.
So yea, I guess, they are taking it way too serious. GDPR was not designed to harm or tackle small communities.

I think they are just trying to protect themselves from one of the most poorly written, ludicrous laws in existence.
I have to laugh... they say we have to write clear, concise and in plain English. Yet it's so widely open for interpretation - it's unreal.

Pretty sure most of the board owners never heard of GDPR, at least here in Germany, I haven't noticed anything about that at all. It's barely covered in the media aswell.
On the contrary, I had to sign multiple times in the past weeks IRL some kind of GDPR agreement, lmao.
So yea, I guess, they are taking it way too serious. GDPR was not designed to harm or tackle small communities.
Yes seems a lot of RL things need to be signed too. The last few weeks there's been a real flurry of activity about it, yet it's been on the horizon for ages.
Same with most things, I can't see them going for the little fish - more the big players really.

A lot of people try and make GDPR sound big and scary so they can upsell services. Fear makes people spend money more than almost anything else.

I think GDPR is going to get challenged in court and tied up for years most likely. It'll be 5-10 years before there is a true solid enforceable framework behind the GDPR I bet.

I'm actually wondering how XF staff is not getting tired and sick of GDPR questions. I wish there was auto-content tagging and auto-filtering for some defined tags :D

I'm going a different route and just going to have a single page for cookies, privacy policy, and everything else do with GDPR and it's just going to be this ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm going a different route and just going to have a single page for cookies, privacy policy, and everything else do with GDPR and it's just going to be this ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is that a reenactment of your mating dance?

Top Bottom