Getting a Boost From Yahoo Group users

ActorMike

We are getting a nice boost in users this week from Yahoo Groups. Anyone else? They are finally deleting it all this December and I guess the warnings are more aggressive. I can't even believe anybody still uses that. I'm old school, I started out running a WWIV BBS in college and then starting using Usenet which is where I think Yahoo got it's idea. Started the forum in 2001 which is fairly early on.

It's really fascinating that forum software has survived the test of time considering.

Side note Facebook groups are a total joke. Their biggest problem is idiocracy, trolls and clowns. The FB marketplace suffers from the same problem.

We are getting a nice boost in users this week from Yahoo Groups. Anyone else? They are finally deleting it all this December and I guess the warnings are more aggressive. I can't even believe anybody still uses that. I'm old school, I started out running a WWIV BBS in college and then starting using Usenet which is where I think Yahoo got it's idea. Started the forum in 2001 which is fairly early on.

It's really fascinating that forum software has survived the test of time considering.

Side note Facebook groups are a total joke. Their biggest problem is idiocracy, trolls and clowns. The FB marketplace suffers from the same problem.

I haven't noticed an upturn in traffic, no. Is it natural or did you target those leaving Yahoo?

Top Bottom