Forum access by gender

Forum access by gender [Paid] 1.1

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Forum access by gender - Allows access to forums based on gender.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Allows access to forums based on gender.

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 216325

Installation:
  1. Download...

Read more about this resource...

I'd just cover your 6 by renaming this to "Forum node access by user group 1.0.1" and removing any mention of gender, to include the icon, as it can depict not only the norm of only two genders, but how a household "should" be.

Either XF foresaw this being an issue in the UK a while ago with the complete removal of gender in 2.0 or it was coincidence.

Anyway, just protecting your business and reputation on both sides of the pond...

@AndyB Please can you add option for prevent users from changing their gender once it has been set? If a user's gender is unspecified, the user will be allowed to change their gender. Once a gender is specified (either male/female) the user cannot change their gender at all.

@AndyB Please can you add option for prevent users from changing their gender once it has been set? If a user's gender is unspecified, the user will be allowed to change their gender. Once a gender is specified (either male/female) the user cannot change their gender at all.

You set that under the user field in it’s general options. “Editable only once”

Can a user still view the forum if they don't have gender access? I would want it so that everyone can view the forums, but only one gender can post in it.

Hey @AndyB hope this message finds you well and safe in these crazy times. I like this add-on -- I am curious how it handles understanding gender? On our forum I have a custom user field for gender and three gender types... would this add-on be able to understand that? Thank you!

You have asked for that.
I have solved my task with groups.
custom_field > promotion and permissions per group for forums.

Top Bottom