Formatting options not appearing as they should above the message box

Then I would suggest putting in a ticket from the customer panel. Im out of ideas to correct the problem.

Hey deathstarr, I just tried different browsers and problem solved. Thing is, I was actually currently using tor, which is where I had the problem, so I tried chrome. In chrome, the icons above the message box were located in correct order, so no issues there. I thought I was having the same issues in firefox, so I rechecked and voila! No issues there either. It appears to be a tor-related issue, so I won't be using that any more. Thanks again

Shouldn't be an issue with Tor either. You might have just needed to empty your browser cache after reupping your files.

Shouldn't be an issue with Tor either. You might have just needed to empty your browser cache after reupping your files.

How would I go about deleting the tor browser cache? Because under options, the closest thing I could find was cached web content and application cache, which are listed as using 0 bytes of disk space.

Well, pretty sure it would be under the privacy settings. You might already have it set to incognito mode so that all history is deleted when closing the browser. In which case there might be some other reason your editor is not displaying right. Not sure. I would say that maybe it's because you have javascript blocked, but if that were the case I don't think the editor would show at all.

Not much of a tor guy but if it was happening on your forum it would prob be happening here also or other forums?

Not much of a tor guy but if it was happening on your forum it would prob be happening here also or other forums?

I definitely looked into that and yes, it does happen on this forum. However, it doesn't happen on every forum that uses Xenforo. I used tor while browsing another Xenforo-based forum and the icons were in correct order, located horizontally above the message box. I wonder why it works on some, but not others.

Could you log onto your forum with tor and tell me if it affects it the same way?

I don’t use tor.

Also do you have any plugins or add ins that would effect it in any way shape or form like maybe adding new functions to the panel like YouTube or Facebook?

Do you by chance use CloudFlare?

Yes, I use cloudflare for DDOS protection and SSL encryption. Do you think cloudflare would interfere with JavaScript (i.e. message box display and a few other web site features) while using Tor?

What do you suggest I do?

I don’t use tor.

Also do you have any plugins or add ins that would effect it in any way shape or form like maybe adding new functions to the panel like YouTube or Facebook?

Tor doesn't allow for those plugins, but there is an option in the browser to allow scripts globally. I've turned it on and off but it doesn't seem to do anything.

What do you suggest I do?
There may be issues.... if using a paid level I'd consult with their tech support and see if they are already familiar with it.
From 2016 - https://blog.torproject.org/trouble-cloudflare
https://blog.cloudflare.com/the-trouble-with-tor/
So they have had issues in the past. I'm pretty sure that they use CloudFlare here also and that may be why you see it happening here. If on a paid plan I'd be discussing it with them as it's going to be an issue with CloudFlare vs TOR most likely. When you have 2 known sites that the only commonalities are Xenforo and CloudFlare, you can usually bet it's something with CloudFlare.

There may be issues.... if using a paid level I'd consult with their tech support and see if they are already familiar with it.

It's not a paid level, just basic DDOS mitigation. I keep it around for the extra layer of protection. Should I get rid of it?

It's not a paid level, just basic DDOS mitigation. I keep it around for the extra layer of protection. Should I get rid of it?
I'd try it for awhile without it and see if it resolves the issue. If it does, then you know for sure it's a CloudFlare/TOR issue that needs to be addressed by them. The reason I asked if it was the paid solution is you are more likely to get assistance from them than on the free plan.

Top Bottom