[OzzModz] Force Users To Read Threads

[OzzModz] Force Users To Read Threads 2.0.9 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I'll check it! Promise but nothing

Location: Thread Reply. I did not think how to possible showing error message about force thread when replying. Can be show pop-up or redirect to force read thread message? This functionality are Not user friendly.

ScreenShot00150.webp

Last edited:
what exactly do you mean?
it is already now possible to create several threads
That you will see a list of posts you need to read for a single forum but yeah, I see the problem, you always have to jump back and forth.
Is it possible that the title of the post you want to read from is displayed?

Location: Thread Reply. I did not think how to possible showing error message about force thread when replying. Can be show pop-up or redirect to force read thread message? This functionality are Not user friendly.
it is not possible to be redirected to the "error page" when pressing Create Thread

@au lait Read Threads log should show 1st from 1st read. Also month are not available yet from forum default time zone, still are august.

Last edited:
While this resource does perfectly the "read this thread before reading something else" it lacks the option of force users to read a thread before creating a new thread. I think that this misses the concept or the resource itself:

They have created rules for your forum in a thread, but nobody reads them?

Missing the condition for creating a new thread shows a lack in the design of this resource because at this time users are capable to create a new thread and then the thing ask to read the node rules (no sense).

View attachment 181522
'
Agreed. What I need is to allow anyone to read anything but require that they read the rules before posting a reply or before creating a new thread.

Nice Add-on.

Is this possible to edit phrases on displaying message?

View attachment 181665

Again, totally agree. This should not read like an error message because it isn't an error. It should read as a reminder: "You cannot post until you read the rules".

While this resource does perfectly the "read this thread before reading something else" it lacks the option of force users to read a thread before creating a new thread. I think that this misses the concept or the resource itself:

Missing the condition for creating a new thread shows a lack in the design of this resource because at this time users are capable to create a new thread and then the thing ask to read the node rules (no sense).

Absolutely agree. It is the act of trying to post something that should be the trigger for this addon.

Restricting reading forums or threads is simply bad for both SEO and user engagement.

Also month are not available yet from forum default time zone, still are august.
What do you mean?

comes with the next version

And also other improvements

If there is a FRT for "Reply" then the replay field will be removed
Screen_20180914120727.webp

Create Thread
Screen_20180914120737.webp

Constant Errors

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object
  • src/addons/xenMade/STFRT/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:34

Top Bottom