XF 2.2 force re-download of select cache/proxy images

briansol

I have my proxy limits set to 0 to retain and never refresh. I've found this to be the best way to fix the ever closing 3rd party website and image host used over the years.

I have seen an uptick in dead images that i would like to manually refresh, as they are there on the url but dead on my cache (eg, the placeholder image).

Is there a way to manually update a single image cache? command line, api, or db query actions as suggestions, ok.

You can use 0 for the image cache lifetime and whatever period you deem reasonable for the image cache refresh. Cached images should be retained if a refresh is not successful, so you would still be protected from dead images. If you still see placeholder images, it might also be worth testing the images in question with the test tool in the control panel

I have my proxy limits set to 0 to retain and never refresh. I've found this to be the best way to fix the ever closing 3rd party website and image host used over the years.
An alternative would be to use a 'mirror' type add-on to convert hotlinked images to be attachments instead and avoid having to rely upon the proxy. We use the one from @NixFifty for what we wanted.

Reactions: Naz
Top Bottom