Fake accounts - signup

pattycake2

I have been getting a rash of fake registrations - only a very few complete the signup by validating their email but most are fake non-exiting email addresses and never complete the process by validating their email addresses..

100% of the fake logins answer questions like "Location" with two letters - ie, UU, HH, BB, LH, etc. Ditto for the other questions asked (like Your Real Name) - always two letters. I can easily delete or reject the signup but I'm wondering if there is an add-on that can eliminate these fake registrations?

I have been getting a rash of fake registrations - only a very few complete the signup by validating their email but most are fake non-exiting email addresses and never complete the process by validating their email addresses..

100% of the fake logins answer questions like "Location" with two letters - ie, UU, HH, BB, LH, etc. Ditto for the other questions asked (like Your Real Name) - always two letters. I can easily delete or reject the signup but I'm wondering if there is an add-on that can eliminate these fake registrations?
You can try this add-on : https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ozzmodz-verify-email-before-registration-paid.190510/

The Ozzy registration has now caught 27 of the registrations - I have not had a single fake registration since installing the add-on.

I say "Problem Solved". Thank you Ozzy - If anyone is having any fake registration issues, I highly recommend his registration add-on - $30 is a cheap price to pay to get rid of these annoying pests.

Top Bottom