XF 1.5 Facebook Integration

motowebmaster

I'm using version 1.5.18 and having difficulty getting Facebook Integration to work. Facebook sent several notifications and I attempted to correct the issue; but ended up deleting the app to try again but could never get it to work either in the admin or login - even after updating the Facebook Integration settings.

When I do a test in the admin, I saw this error on my original app and the new app:

URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth Redirect URIs.

When I attempted to login using Facebook I was presented with a error, that I think came from Facebook, that stated that I wasn't logged in.

I've removed the Facebook Integration settings for now. What steps should I be doing?

It's a constant battle trying to keep up with all the changes from the various providers.

The instructions were recently updated so if FB have changed things again then you will just have to try and work through the process, using the manual as a guide.

Facebook made some changes on the 8th January 2019

I don't know what effect it will have on existing integrations, however I've just done it from scratch and it works (XF2.0.12)

Did anyone figure out how to make this work for 1.5?

This was an old topic for me, after Facebook retired something and I had to make config changes to update. However, to be honest I don't remember what it was. If I had it to do over, I would just follow the steps in the guide.

I still have Facebook integration on my 1.5x site, but wish I never did it in the first place.

Top Bottom