Events addon

Andy.N

I haven't found any Events addon where members can submit events with links, info and it gets added to the calendar.
Just something simple like that.

Take a look at this, you can set the permissions to allow Registered group, or otherwise to add events to the calendar

@Bob was working on one if I remember correctly.. you may want to contact him an XenAddons.com and see what the status is.
If it's like the rest of his add-ons, it'll be top-notch.

Take a look at this, you can set the permissions to allow Registered group, or otherwise to add events to the calendar

Yeah... The quality of AndyB add-ons leaves a lot to be desired; they're not the worst, but they're not something I would ever willingly install or use on a site.

NixFifty, even with his slow development is a better choice, or wait for Bob's addon (current focus I believe is CAS and RMS however).

Yeah... The quality of AndyB add-ons leaves a lot to be desired; they're not the worst, but they're not something I would ever willingly install or use on a site.

And you're qualified to offer such an opinion because...... ?

I've been using some of his add-ons for several years and have no complaints, plus he is quick to offer support as and when required, even for non-add-on related issues. The best $35.00 I've spent.

Maybe because he's been called out on poor programming techniques (that don't meet XF minimums) in the past?
Has he improved... most probably... but his past coding history is one of the reasons (besides his making one-off add-ons/remove-ons) that I also won't use his offerings.
As a classic example.. he has an add-on that he named the same as one of Bob's (specifically ShowCase, which was out before his)...and his "add-on" is NOWHERE near the complexity of Bob's add-on, and it appears it only wants to "attach" to those coat-tails.

Last edited:

I've been using some of his add-ons for several years and have no complaints, plus he is quick to offer support as and when required, even for non-add-on related issues. The best $35.00 I've spent.
Ignoring my qualifications, because I'd rather not get into a **** measuring contest with people whose opinions I care nothing about, but you can just look for posts by developers commenting on the quality when his add-ons have caused issues.

I could have sworn I didn't ask your opinion
If you don't want others to reply, simply don't post a question in a public area.... that's the whole point of these being public posts, so others can read AND reply to them. And amazingly... his reason is similar to the one I gave.

Last edited:
Ignoring my qualifications, because I'd rather not get into a **** measuring contest with people whose opinions I care nothing about, but you can just look for posts by developers commenting on the quality when his add-ons have caused issues.
So you've nothing to bring to the party yourself other than refer to other developers' comments - a bit like 'he said, she said' ?

Enough said.

If you don't want others to reply, simply don't post a question in a public area.... that's the whole point of these being public posts, so others can read AND reply to them. And amazingly... his reason is similar to the one I gave.
I didn't post a question, I posted an answer to the OP's question, and then you jumped in with a criticism of another developer when it had nothing to do with the topic.

I'm done, no point arguing with idiots.

So you've nothing to bring to the party yourself other than refer to other developers' comments - a bit like 'he said, she said' ?

Enough said.
And if I share my qualifications, it is just going to be "prove it", and then we go through a choreographed back and forth that wastes time and effort that you're honestly not worth.

The simplest solution is to tell you to spend a few seconds to look for opinions you would find qualified, but you're more looking to pick a fight than anything else so clearly none of what is said matters.

If you like Andy's add-ons so much that you want to keep using them, go right ahead. Your site, your decision. However, pointing out the risks of using add-ons that have had issues in the past is just allowing someone to make an informed decision. It's honestly cute that you're defending Andy so much, but there are better hills to die on.

I didn't post a question, I posted an answer to the OP's question, and then you jumped in with a criticism of another developer when it had nothing to do with the topic.
Generally when one ends a sentence with question mark (like shown in the first quote in my reply here), the sentence is an interrogative.
In simple terms... yes, you did post a question. ;)
Your welcome to use all of Andy's add-ons you want. The fact remains that others choose not to, and they do have their reasons for it.
His event/calendar add-on looks to be decent in appearance, and would probably fit the simplistic need the OP requested.

Last edited:
Top Bottom