XF 2.2 Event Listener's Called

Gio~Logist

In vBulletin 3/4 days, we'd have the following debug information (notice "Hooks Called"). This was useful to know all the hooks that were executed on a given page.

1595884350212.webp

Seeing as how "events" are Xenforo's (somewhat) approach to "hooks", is there a similar tool? If not, what's the best way to identify all hooks ran on a given page / process?

Thanks in advance 🤙🏻

In vBulletin 3/4 days, we'd have the following debug information (notice "Hooks Called"). This was useful to know all the hooks that were executed on a given page.

View attachment 231455

Seeing as how "events" are Xenforo's (somewhat) approach to "hooks", is there a similar tool? If not, what's the best way to identify all hooks ran on a given page / process?

Thanks in advance 🤙🏻

In XenForo you can extend the code in two ways:

1. Class extensions using the class proxy
2. Hooking to code Events.

To see every code event in XenForo you can go to

Admin CP > Development > Code Events

You would have to look at the source code to see how each event is called.

More information in the developer documentation:

Thanks for the reply!

Ok so there's currently no way to get a high level overview of the plugins executed or classes available to be extended, got it. The debug page does a decent job of referencing the trace (files, etc). So that will have to do 🤪

Would be nice to get a generated list of events on a per page basis, though. Maybe i'll give it a stab when I have some time.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply!

Ok so there's currently no way to get a high level overview of the plugins executed or classes available to be extended, got it. The debug page does a decent job of referencing the trace (files, etc). So that will have to do 🤪

Would be nice to get a generated list of events on a per page basis, though. Maybe i'll give it a stab when I have some time.

Thanks again!
You could fire up a debugger and see exactly what code events are fired with each page losd or you can also read the source code and look for the code events that you can hook into

Top Bottom