XF 2.1 enable Facebook login

All of our members are joining from our Facebook group so I think it makes sense to enable Facebook login, is this easy to do? Thank you

Thanks Brogan, I have tried a few times and can't get it to work so I am going to give up for the time being. I am now trying to add a landing page so you don't land straight on the forum if you can help with that at all?!

Thanks

It will definitely be something I am doing wrong. It keeps asking for a Domain URL which I haven't got and when I try to test it it says something about a whitewash too. I've spent hours on it and have accepted defeat for now.

I will have another go when I can face it again.

No, I followed all the instructions as best as I could but it kept giving an error message when testing so I gave up with the idea.

I'm currently trying to add a landing page and after 5 hours today and still no luck am about ready to throw my laptop out of the window! I am not technical at all.

I am trying to setup FB now and it is not working. The reason is I think is because my site is a xenforo forum and there is no file for Facebook to goto just folders and when I try to put in my .com/forum in the FB URL, for the app which is where the index.php is, FB does not save it, it saves just the domain.com URL that has no index.php.

I recently wrote about problems with all of the third party logins not working. I was told they needed to update the instructions? I also spent hours trying to get it to work without any luck also.

Yes it is but I can tell you even after reading it I did not understand what Valid OAuth redirect URIs was. I had to search that online and still did not get the answer. I happen to watch a youtube video and from there I was able to understand. Videos are priceless!

Top Bottom