XF 2.1 Email bounce log - Empty

lightspeed

My email bounce log has been empty since switching over from cPanel to DirectAdmin.

I've tried sending an email to a user which I know will bounce, but nothing is received in either the bounced@myforum.com or the default admin@myforum.com mail box.

Here are my bounced email settings:

Screenshot from 2020-04-20 10-17-39.png
Screenshot from 2020-04-20 10-17-48.png
Screenshot from 2020-04-20 10-17-59.png

I've read every thread I can find about this but I can't figure out how to get it working.

OK, I was trying to troubleshoot one step at a time, so I disabled the auto bounced handler. I was under the impression that Bounced email address just sets the Return-Path to the specified email address.

Here's the problem:

I setup the auto bounced email handler again and then used Tools > Test Outbound Email. Turns out my test emails were showing the wrong Return-Path. The Return-Path shown was for my servers default email account which is not setup to receive email:
Code:
Return-Path: <user@myserver.com>

Even so it was setup in Xenforo as:
Code:
bounced@myserver.com

I have found the problem to be with the Email transport method. When it is set to Default.

Here's my solution:

Change Email transport method to SMTP and enter in the details for the account that I am using to send emails from.

Now the email header is correctly showing
Code:
Return-Path: <bounced@myserver.com>
So I assume I will receive some bounced Emails in the log again.

-------------------

Update - bounced emails are now being received and appearing in the bounced email log!

Last edited:
Top Bottom