XF 2.1 Easy "Watch Forum" Question

frm

Under "Watch" for a forum (node) I see these two (of 3) options:
[_] New threads
[_] New messages

If I select "new messages", will it notify me of all replies in all threads as well as new threads created?

My main focus is to watch for "new threads" but also don't want to miss out on replies of messages that I'm not personally involved in (a private 'contact support' 1-on-1 forum where another moderator may reply before me).

Thanks!

It should do, but bear in mind you do need to vist the forum once you are notified, in order to keep getting those notifications.

There is an addon for persistent alerts, that sends them whether or not you go to the forum (y)
Do you need to visit the thread that you were notified of or the forum itself (unsure how the alert goes)? Or does it just notify you that there was a new post in the forum and if that is ignored then redo it?

You will receive a single alert for each thread.

You will not receive any other alerts for threads you have already received alerts for until you log in and read the threads.

You will receive a single alert for each thread.

You will not receive any other alerts for threads you have already received alerts for until you log in and read the threads.
What about the 'watch messages' option? I know I'll get a notification of the thread creation, but will I also get a reply if a moderator replies in the message as well? I'd like to see that someone is handling it through notifications as opposed to going back and forth and watching message counts (0, needs addressing; 1 it could be handled if replied to by other than the author).

I'm not sure what you mean by redo it?
Rewatch the thread.

I just want a notification for all new threads created as well as all replies in every message, even if I'm not a participant or opened a thread to monitor how "tickets" essentially are/n't being (properly) handled. Wondering if either of these 2 do that, but looking into the add on.

Top Bottom