XF 2.0 Do attachments also delete from our web server after deleting thread/ post ?

KhanTastic

Hi folks,

I am using XF v2.0.5 version, I wonder if attachments inside the thread or post are also deleted from our web hosting server when we delete that thread/ post?
Or is there any option XY has built in?
I want the attachments to be removed from my web server if a thread or post is deleted, it will free up also my server :)

If you select "Permanently delete" of the thread or post then attachments will be deleted by a Cron entry which is run once an hour.
Sorry I am back after long time, my question is what if users upload images and then delete their thread/ posts, and users do not select permanent delete option, then those images will be still sitting on my server?
I just wants images/ files to be delete from my server whenever users delete their thread or post with images.

Please advise.

Sorry I am back after long time, my question is what if users upload images and then delete their thread/ posts, and users do not select permanent delete option, then those images will be still sitting on my server?
I just wants images/ files to be delete from my server whenever users delete their thread or post with images.
There are two options:
#1 Remove from public view (soft delete)
#2 Permanently delete(hard delete)

Provided they have the permission for #2 (dangerous) choosing that the post with all attachments will disappear permanently.

as an admin, you do have the power to hard delete threads from batch update threads feature in the backend. sadly, xenforo does not provide a similar option for posts. andyb has an addon for that which i use sometimes. so it's likely the attachments attached to soft deleted posts remain for a lot of xenforo users for years.

This does the job....

Top Bottom