Deleted Forum

Looks like you are allowing anyone to look at your current online list. I would advise against this and have it as admin only. Much better for sec proposes I was told. IDK.

Fin, let me ask you this. Is there a place in your forum for a "last ditch effort" to turn a marriage around? If so, I'd be willing to put something in mine that you might refer to. I'm new to forums and the topic of my forum, but in the little bit I've read about mine, one quote sticks out:

"If I had to summarize over 60 years of excellent relationship research in just one sentence, that sentence would be: If you can find and be with someone kind and respectful, your relationship will probably work; and if you can't, it won't." Page 9 of "How Love Wins, the Power of Mindful Kindness", by Doug Carnine.

This really hit me and I tried one of this guy's techniques, just one and my wife noticed it. It's a story I'm intending to put in the forum on spouses/partners.

Thoughts?

Go down this list of permission and check no for viewing IP everyone except admin. You can allow disallow the entire member list through permission or public navigation. I mistyped above. I was referring to allowing everyone to see IP addresses which can be done through permissions.

Go down this list of permission and check no for viewing IP everyone except admin. You can allow disallow the entire member list through permission or public navigation. I mistyped above. I was referring to allowing everyone to see IP addresses which can be done through permissions.
In XF 2, I can't find the permissions you're describing without an actual menu track, but under "Sutup/Public Navigation", I disabled Current Visitors. Try now.

If you disable current visitors in public navigation you (the admin) won't be able to see them either. So go to group permissions select your admin group, scroll down to the "general moderator permissions" and select the first one entitled " view IP addresses". select yes for admin and do the same for your moderator group (so they know to ban IP if necessary) . Then using this same route go to the rest of your groups, ( members, guest etc..). and select "no". And you're done. :)

If you disable current visitors in public navigation you (the admin) won't be able to see them either. So go to group permissions select your admin group, scroll down to the "general moderator permissions" and select the first one entitled " view IP addresses". select yes for admin and do the same for your moderator group (so they know to ban IP if necessary) . Then using this same route go to the rest of your groups, ( members, guest etc..). and select "no". And you're done. :)
Thanks for the directions. IPs are now shown for staff, not so for everyone else.

Last edited:
Hi Joe,
Add the code below to extra css template... Change image url and opacity if desired. :)

.node-icon i { display: none; }
.node-icon { background-image: url('/cips/flower3.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; }
.node--read .node-icon { opacity: 0.3; }
Fin, Can't find the extra css template. Sorry

Looks great. Thematically that puts your stats, share this page and suicide prevention add ahead of your forum titles. If that's what you're after, you've got it.

Top Bottom