XF 2.1 Display node/forum to banned members

No - a ban is a total ban for the entire site.

You would need to use a different approach, such as removing permissions for all but that forum.

No - a ban is a total ban for the entire site.

You would need to use a different approach, such as removing permissions for all but that forum.
For what usergroup? I don't see a banned usergroup for me to remove all permissions but that forum? Sorry help me understand!

Create the banned user group. In settings you enable the option to move user to banned user group on ban. Then set up whatever permissions you want the banned user group to have.

As suggested above: we have a UserGroup (which we call "Suspended"). This has all permissions removed except for view/post/reply (etc) to threads in just one forum (call it "Appeals" or something). So our initial step is to Suspend (i.e add user to this group), allow for an appeal by this route. Suspended is always temporary; after review (or after a time if no appeal is forthcoming), we then either revert or fully ban. The forum also has permissions restricted so that posts and threads by anyone other than the thread starter are hidden to all except {review pesonnel}. Normal members see an "empty" forum unless/until they add a thread to it - when they see just their thread/s.

Top Bottom