Customizable sidebars

Forumzster

I’ve been digging into the demo site, and I can’t find how to add sidebars. Is it possible to assign sidebars to specific pages, and customize each sidebar. The post pages look too wide. I checked the showcase boards, and nobody has sidebars on any pages other than the forum homepage, and the media pages.

Every time I get ready to buy XenForo I think of something else I want to make sure it has options for.

Last edited:
Sidebars are widgets. You can find them in appearance > widgets

There is a position for just about every default page. If your looking to create new pages or place a widget somewhere other then the provided positions then you can even add them to that page by using a widget key. What you do is create the sidebar with no position and then copy the widget key which is a unique identifier you give it when creating one. You then would add this to the page/template, replacing the key with the one you chose:

HTML:
<xf:widget key="example_widget_key" />

However, that's just a techie example of another way. There's a position for just about every single page provided already and all you have to do is check the selection box or multiple selections for the page/pages.

To edit the width of the sidebar you go to appearance > style properties > page setup and from there you can change the width. Styling the sidebar just requires a small amount of CSS knowledge.

Top Bottom