XF 2.2 Custom home page

Ricsca

Is there a way to create a home page that only shows the latest posts posted in the forum instead of the various nodes?

And also the latest articles and the latest photos from the Gallery.

Thank you

Solution
When you want to add widgets just access them with the widget key that you entered when creating a widget. I used this:

Code:
<xf:widget key="latest_movies" />

Just change the key part and add that code where you want the widget to appear. The rest of the HTML will be easy if you're familiar with it, if not then I can give you a few pointers if you tell me what you want to do :)
If in admin I set that the forum home must display the latest treads, the "unread" filter is active by default for registered users.

I also wrote to xf support who dismissed me saying that they dismissed saying this option and that's it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (68).webp
    Screenshot (68).webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 13
If in admin I set that the forum home must display the latest treads, the "unread" filter is active by default for registered users.

I also wrote to xf support who dismissed me saying that they dismissed saying this option and that's it.
Yeah... and why would you NOT want to show your logged in users the unread threads at the top... why would you want to show them threads they may have already seen instead (which I don't buy as the image I showed you is simply the built in Recent Topics widget which simply shows the latest threads, even those I have seen)? This gets back to the difference between posts and threads... They are separate (and distinct) aspects... you want the latest posts (which may be in older threads) then use the Posts widget.... if you actually want new Threads (which are Topics) then use the Threads widget. Making a new post in a thread is not going to update the Threads widget, but it will update the Posts widget.
If you want other, then you can engage a 3rd party developer to extend a widget for you to update the Thread if a new post is made.

Here for example is the guest view of the New Threads widget for a guest user

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 4.36.37 AM.png

And here it is for my logged in user..

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 4.15.28 AM.png

See any difference of import?

Last edited:
Because registered users end up seeing the home page without treads.
It would be enough to have the home page with the latest treads and new treads or replies shown at the top in bold.

Because registered users end up seeing the home page without treads.
It would be enough to have the home page with the latest treads and new treads or replies shown at the top in bold.
Not if you are doing it right... I clearly showed you where a logged in user DOES see the most recent created threads (they are based upon date created and not most recent posts).
Feel free to register at my site and you can see the difference (or lack thereof).. I'll gladly delete your account once you are done once you notify me to do so.
Now, did you use the Unread or Latest option if using posts?

Last edited:
Top Bottom