Custom Album Fields

Such as:
  • Type: Landscape
  • GPS: Coordinates
Or am I understanding this incorrectly?

Such as:
  • Type: Landscape
  • GPS: Coordinates
Although we don't have such use cases, yeah like what you said.

Let's say a website is adding a music album from a band. That album as a whole has some details (or let's say adding a series. That series has a lot of information that are not good to be added in a simple description field or even in comments, and it's better to be separately/professionally be added as custom album fields (which using "Value Display HTML" can end up being a very professional output))

Although we don't have such use cases, yeah like what you said.
My case was just an example of how I'd use it but just wanted to ensure that we were on the same page with 'custom fields' and nothing else.

I like the idea as it can go for expanding EXIF for photography sites (such as adding wind, light, if lens filters were used, and if so, which ones, etc.)

But I can see how this works on a music site, and now, any other forum with a media gallery.

Edit: Custom fields for items would be cool as well, but I could settle on albums. This is because, even in your music example, an item might've taken 5 takes for final production, have a different writer or composer, etc., which you could include in the description, but might look better in a custom widget with custom fields.

Top Bottom