Country registration check

Country registration check [Paid] 1.9

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Country registration check - Blocks registration to specified countries.

Description:

Blocks registration to specified countries.

(Example of options page)

View attachment 206842

(Example of error message)

View attachment 206843

Features:
  • All phrases start with countryregistrationcheck_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download Andy-CountryRegistrationCheck-1.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. Copy the src/addons/Andy/CountryRegistrationCheck directory to your server.
  3. From the Admin...

Read more about this resource...

ichpen

Rather than a blacklist are you able to support a whitelist of country codes i.e. ALL blocked except for whitelisted countries? I guess I can copy/paste 200 entries in there but curious still

afonseca

Hi, @AndyB I'm interested in buying this plugin but also have the same request as @ichpen, is this something you would consider adding (whitelist)? I only have two countries I'd like to allow registration from, block all others.

Sim

Just FYI, until Andy can add this functionality, my Geoblock Registration plugin has approved and denied list support - it uses Maxmind's GeoLite2 database.

Note that it might not do exactly what you want - I have an option to place all non-listed countries in moderation (you'll have to manually approve/reject them), but it won't auto-reject unlisted countries - although I do have a "reject EU" option to auto block people from EU countries.

afonseca

Hi @Sim, thank you for sharing about your plugin. I’ll certainly consider it as a backup.

I am particularly interested in the feature that automatically blocks without having to moderate. The whitelist would save me time so I’m happy to purchase the plugin that helps me with this.

Reactions: Sim

oldford

This addon only blocks new user registration from a particular country, correct? If there is a legitimate user from that country, can the admin create a username for them? And then will that person still have normal access to the forum?