XF 2.2 Couchbase Cache?

z3r010

I run Windows servers and the caching options are pretty limited to using old unmaintained builds of Redis and Memcached or now discontinued wincache (which I never found stable anyway).

I was poking around in the XF files and spotted in the doctrine cache files there is a Couchbase cache file, Couchbase is pretty modern, maintained, and runs on Windows servers, so does anybody know if this can be used and how to configure it? I've been trying but failing quite miserably :(

I run Windows servers and the caching options are pretty limited to using old unmaintained builds of Redis and Memcached or now discontinued wincache (which I never found stable anyway).

I was poking around in the XF files and spotted in the doctrine cache files there is a Couchbase cache file, Couchbase is pretty modern, maintained, and runs on Windows servers, so does anybody know if this can be used and how to configure it? I've been trying but failing quite miserably :(
You could consider a Hyper-V container running ubuntu to run a modern version of redis.

That is certainly an option, I went down the Redis via WSL2 route yesterday only to get slower page loads with it enabled, HyperV and containers is something I am looking at but I'd prefer to do something native though, that's why Couchbase interests me.

Top Bottom