Correctly render Quotations from XenForo_FrontController

SurferJon

Good day, I did an integration between XF and Wordpress and I'm using the XenForo_FrontController class to process tha data and render the views.

My problem is that when I show a post in a view the quotations are simple and not the same as the forum which are more complex, I'm doing this to wrap the messages (Notice that I don't pass a view renderer):

Code:
$bbCodeParser = XenForo_BbCode_Parser::create(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('Base'));
        $bbCodeOptions = array(
            'states' => array(
                'viewAttachments' => $params['canViewAttachments']
            ),
            'contentType' => 'post',
            'contentIdKey' => 'post_id'
        );

XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages($params['posts'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);

And I noticed the following code in the next file:

File: XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base

Code:
public function renderTagQuote
        if ($this->_view)
        {
            $template = $this->_view->createTemplateObject('bb_code_tag_quote', array(
                'content' => $content,
                'nameHtml' => $name,
                'source' => $source,
                'attributes' => $attributes,
                'ignored' => (isset($attributes['member']) && isset($this->_ignoredUsers[intval($attributes['member'])]))
            ));
            return $template->render();
        }
        else
        {
            return $this->_renderTagQuoteFallback($name, $content);
        }

So my problem is that I need to pass a viewRenderer to this function and it needs to be an instance of XenForo_View and the view renderer I'm using in this controller is an instance of XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic which is not valid, can someone please help me so I can get the correct quotation html when wrapping the messages?

Thank you.

There's a difference between a view renderer and XenForo_View. You'll need to create a XenForo_ViewPublic_Base class to pass the bbCodeParser.

Try this:
PHP:
// Either use this or use the variable you already have assigned to the FrontController object
$fc = XenForo_Application::getFc();

// use your XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic instance as the first argument here
$baseView = new XenForo_ViewPublic_Base($viewRenderer, $fc->getResponse());

Now in your existing code you'll want to replace :
PHP:
$bbCodeParser = XenForo_BbCode_Parser::create(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('Base'));

With :
PHP:
$bbCodeParser = XenForo_BbCode_Parser::create(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('Base', array('view' => $baseView)));

That should get you going.

Top Bottom