XF 1.5 Cookies and AVG

Rody

I have searched the forum but i can't seem to find the right answer.
I want to set a popup for the new AVG law for the cookie usage but i don't know where to set it.
I use 1.5.1 now but there is no setting for this, so i know i have to update but from wich version can i give the user a popup so they have to choose wich cookie they accept?
Or do ik have to install a addon or something like that?

The cookie notice is he only thing i found, but that's not enough. I will install the 1.5.20a and see if the GDPR is enough for now. If this is ok i will go for version 2 :)
Thank you for your reply.

Mmmmm......i have to wait 1 or 2 days for my account to be validated by Paypal.
I've read the topic about the GDPR and there's one thing that is not clear to me.

From the 25th of may you need to ask your user wich cookie he accepts but when i look at the screenschot in the GDPR topic the user only get 1 button.

Schermafbeelding 2018-05-21 om 16.22.49.webp

The new EU law says you have to specify the checkboxes like below

Schermafbeelding 2018-05-21 om 16.27.22.webp

Wich option will be in the 1.5.20a version?

The option you have seen is in XenForo 1.5.20a.

The cookies used are detailed in the cookie policy that you can see on here. The main ones are Necessary as part of normal operation of the site. Additional ones and third party ones as in the cookie policy would apply if you signed up to the site (so if you don't want them, don't sign up, they are part of the privacy policy that you accept when registering). Anything beyond that such as statistics and other 3rd party cookies would be down to individual forums as to whether they use these services or not, they aren't from XenForo.

Ok, just that i understand it correctly.

When i install the 1.5.20a i only get the first option in the software? The user can't choose if he want's the reject (for example) the google analytics cookie? The main ones don't have to be chosen so that should be ok.
If this is the case the Xenforo software will not be usable in the EU without any 3rd party software. That seems a bit strange to me.

Google Analytics is completely optional, you do not have to use it.

If you do use GA, there is this option:

1526916663894.webp

So yes, XenForo is usable in the EU as it is GDPR compliant.

Aha, now i understand :D
That's the problem when you don't have the version yet, i can't look at the settings yet.
Thank you again for your reply and as soon as my account is up i will check the settings and let you know how i used them.

Top Bottom