Converting Mybb to Xenforo

coctien12

I did read that i was able to convert mybb to xenforo with the importer option, but what i am struggling to understand is how do i upload xenforo to be able to import it. I set up my mybb myself but im really no tech wiz at much of this so any help would be great, want to know i can do it before purchasing thank you

You upload your downloaded Xenforo files to either
a) A new folder on your host ( this would make it easier and cleaner in the short term. Then move the folder once you have stripped out your myBB )
b Just upload the files into your public facing root and follow the migrations instructions from Xenforo

Hello Coctien12, I migrated my own phpBB forum to XenForo and I moved the vBulletin 4 forum of NationaalComputerForum from an English host to a Dutch host en then migrated vBulletin 4 to XenForo.

First it is in my view necessary, when you start the process to close your existing forum for the time beïng.
You make an announcement to tell your members that everything will better en more beautiful afterwards.

On the server you have made a subdomain with a simple name, for example mybb.your domain name.
Then copy all your mybb forum parts to that new domain.

That done, you clear everything in the main folder en you can upload the install files of Xenforo 2.
Additionaly you also need to make a new database for XenForo - take care to record everything, because you need these for installing XenForo.

Is XenForo up and running then you mast take care of this: in Admin click on Setup > Options >> Board Active > make your forum inactive.
Do not worry - you will see everything but none of your members can log in.

Top Bottom