Duplicate Contextual mentions

Kintaro

When I'm in a thread or another content type the majority of the time I want to mention users that are already engaged in that content type and I would like to do it fast.

Right now in the drop down menu used to for mention, the users are listed in alphabet order.

How about put users already engaged in that content first in line? IMHO this could be very very useful on boards with many users... and I think that will not create any problems with little boards as with a low number of registered users this will not impact the UIX experience.

@Alfa1 @arn what do you think about it?

p.s. IIRC this is the same behavior happening on GitHub (issues) or in StackOverflow (comments).

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
When I'm in a thread or another content type the majority of the time I want to mention users that are already engaged in that content type
by default they will get notifications about your post without mentions, as a thread becomes watched after engagement

P.S. it looks like we have a pandemic of "I have to suggest something" virus )

by default they will get notifications about your post without mentions, as a thread becomes watched after engagement
this is not always true. it depends on how they set their options and how admin sets the board options about notifications.

Yes, this would be useful. Escpecially in cases where the poster doesn't know the correct username spelling it would be handy to have the name come up quicker.

Duplicate of this,

Top Bottom