Choose Account Upgrade at registration

Alpha1

I'd like to let our members choose an account upgrade at registration. But in a way that provides for a simple choice between free membership and a few levels of account upgrades. Something like this:

plans.webp

As you see this setup displays both monthly as yearly options.

After selecting one subscription plan and completing the registration page, the user needs to select monthly, yearly or one time yearly payment. (or whatever the admin prefers)
The beauty of this approach is that it resolves the problem of the current Account Upgrades page that confuses people enough to give up.

This would increase income for XenForo websites which is good for the ecosystem as a whole.

Upvote 9
@AddonFlare 's addon has the general gist of it, but doesn't include the option to choose term and recurring or non-recurring.

It works directly with the XF user upgrades system, so you’re able to configure an upgrade to be recurring/non-recurring, per X term, etc.

See here:
registration-page-jpg.168242

It works directly with the XF user upgrades system, so you’re able to configure an upgrade to be recurring/non-recurring, per X term, etc.
That is the problem my suggestion addresses. Example:
I have 4 levels of account upgrades. Each level has 6 terms: 1 week, 1 month, etc. Each term is recurring and non-recurring. So these are 48 account upgrades just for these 4 levels. If you have an account upgrade page with 48 account upgrades to choose from then members get confused and abort. This problem will be bigger if you need to display 48 subscription plans, because the 4 blocks in your screenshot will then be 48 blocks + the free one.

This is why my suggestion includes a step to choose the term and recurring or not.

That is the problem my suggestion addresses. Example:
I have 4 levels of account upgrades. Each level has 6 terms: 1 week, 1 month, etc. Each term is recurring and non-recurring. So these are 48 account upgrades just for these 4 levels. If you have an account upgrade page with 48 account upgrades to choose from then members get confused and abort. This problem will be bigger if you need to display 48 subscription plans, because the 4 blocks in your screenshot will then be 48 blocks + the free one.

This is why my suggestion includes a step to choose the term and recurring or not.

Gotcha! It’s a good idea for a future update :D

I'd like to let our members choose an account upgrade at registration. But in a way that provides for a simple choice between free membership and a few levels of account upgrades. Something like this:

View attachment 168631

As you see this setup displays both monthly as yearly options.

After selecting one subscription plan and completing the registration page, the user needs to select monthly, yearly or one time yearly payment. (or whatever the admin prefers)
The beauty of this approach is that it resolves the problem of the current Account Upgrades page that confuses people enough to give up.

This would increase income for XenForo websites which is good for the ecosystem as a whole.
Could not agree more. Something we need so much in 1.x is a paid to join membership etc. Really essential and a shame it's not there currently.

Top Bottom