Chatbox - Realtime Chatting [Deleted]

I use https in forums but cannot use SSL for chat, since we are on AWS and don't get hand on key and certs normally.
So, launching the chat works without error, but in browser console I get endless these errors:

Code:
socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://www.domain.de/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=websocket' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404
l.doOpen @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
f.open @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
m.open @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
m @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
n.open.n.connect @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:2
(anonymous) @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:2

Get it for FTP and CDN.
Is it related to SSL or what is it, please? How could I solve on AWS?

Last edited:
I use https in forums but cannot use SSL for chat, since we are on AWS and don't get hand on key and certs normally.
So, launching the chat works without error, but in browser console I get endless these errors:

Code:
socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://www.domain.de/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=websocket' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404
l.doOpen @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
f.open @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
m.open @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
n.open.n.connect @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:2
(anonymous) @ socket.io.js?_v=40a3ca74:2

Get it for FTP and CDN.
Is it related to SSL or what is it, please? How could I solve on AWS?
Please ensure to remove / in the Node server name (IP) filed!

Remove the /:
cmn-Lhs9RIGnDaOzjdoKiw.jpeg

It have to look like this:
wzgd7_6jS3uwj0sDzWTWjg.jpeg

Its happening without /

Code:
socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://www.domain.de/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=websocket' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404
WS.doOpen @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
Transport.open @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
Socket.open @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
Socket @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
Manager.open.Manager.connect @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:2
(anonymous) @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:3

Its happening without /

Code:
socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://www.domain.de/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=websocket' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404
WS.doOpen @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
Transport.open @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
Socket.open @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:1
Manager.open.Manager.connect @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:2
(anonymous) @ socket.io-1.4.5.js?_v=40a3ca74:3
Did you check if the app.js is running?

forever list

This addon looks promising. Node js chats are superfast compared to those updating with vanilla js. Bzt why is this addon unmaintained ? Do you plan sth. new ?

This addon looks promising. Node js chats are superfast compared to those updating with vanilla js. Bzt why is this addon unmaintained ? Do you plan sth. new ?
Hello,

The addon is Unmaintained under XF1.x for the moment. A new XF2.x version is under development, it will be released with Foro.Agency

The addon is Unmaintained under XF1.x for the moment.
OK, thank you. So this is a chat similar to taigachat for a couple of users? What I am looking for is a chat like arrowchat, which is similar to facebook chat supporting 1:1 communication. Can I do this with chatbox?

OK, thank you. So this is a chat similar to taigachat for a couple of users? What I am looking for is a chat like arrowchat, which is similar to facebook chat supporting 1:1 communication. Can I do this with chatbox?
As of the first version that will be released, there won’t be any 1:1 communication.

This will be a lightweight powerful shoutbox where any registered members having the permission can use it :)

Problem:
When banned in chat user was deleted through ACP from DB, banning info row is present on chatbox/banned-users page
Need extend XenForo_DataWriter_User class and override _postDelete() method like it:
PHP:
protected function _postDelete()
{
parent::_postDelete();
$db = $this->_db;
$userId = $this->get('user_id');
$userIdQuoted = $db->quote($userId);
$db->delete('chatbox_users_banned', "user_id = $userIdQuoted");
}

Or more easer solution:
Find actionBannedUsers method in XenSupport_Chatbox_ControllerPublic_Chatbox
Add after $perPage = $options->chatbox_bannedUsersPerPage;:
PHP:
XenForo_Application::getDb()->delete('chatbox_users_banned', "user_id = '0'");

Last edited:
Is this still available? I want to put a chatbox up on my XF1.5 site for a few hours while I'm working on my XF2.1 migration.
Are there any other low cost solutions for XF 1.5?

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom