Chatbox - Realtime Chatting [Deleted]

[F.A] Walky

JustJack submitted a new resource:

Chatbox - Realtime Chatting - This addon allows you to bring a chatbox to your members.

Compatible XF versions:1.5
Additional Requirements: NodeJS 6.x, NPM module, SSH access
Visible Branding: Yes, but removable with payment

The most powerful and advanced chatbox is finally available on XenForo !

This chatbox uses NodeJS technology with Socket.IO to bring you the best performance.

Demo available here: [COLOR=rgb(63, 63,...[/U]

Read more about this resource...

Any due date to fix the HTTPS issue?
Do you plan to add some extra features for this chat system?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Good to see that https support was added (y)

Are there any plans to add persistent message colors that users can pick for their messages? Members of my site would hate it if they can't pick their own colors like with the current chat we have.

Good to see that https support was added (y)

Are there any plans to add persistent message colors that users can pick for their messages? Members of my site would hate it if they can't pick their own colors like with the current chat we have.
Hello,

This feature wasn't planned in the next version, i didn't think about it. So, from now, I just added it to the "TODO" list :D

Thank your for your idea :)

JustJack updated [XS] Chatbox - Realtime Chatting with a new update entry:

Fixed bugs + added features

Fixed Bugs
  • Fixed bug when chatbox was used as widget, the title page would take the name of the page where the chatbox initially is (/chatbox)
  • Fixed bug when chatbox was used as widget, chatbox still appeared while the user was banned.
New Features
  • Options are now distributed in tabs for a better configuration
  • Added an option to tag members + option to select tag operator
  • Added an option to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

please explain what does it do
Current chatbox uses AJAX and an interval that every X seconds is requesting an AJAX Request to check if there are messages that you haven't seen yet. This is very heavy regarding server resources.

However, NodeJS with Socket.IO is thrify regarding resources, it only send you a socket when a new message is posted, so there are no more looping AJAX requests to see if there are new messages posted by members.

So NodeJS and Socket.IO are better regarding server resources.

Hello,
I'm quite interested in this addon. I'm using the TaigaChat on my website but it's quite outdated and slow. :) Is there a way to test this chatbox without registering on your site? :)

Best regards,
CabCon.

Hello,
I'm quite interested in this addon. I'm using the TaigaChat on my website but it's quite outdated and slow. :) Is there a way to test this chatbox without registering on your site? :)

Best regards,
CabCon.
Hello,

Actually, no. This chatbox should not be used by guests.

JustJack updated [XS] Chatbox - Realtime Chatting with a new update entry:

Fixed bugs + added feature

Fixed bugs
  • When sending a new message, recent activity didn't update
  • Anyone could view banned members
  • In reversed direction, scrollbar didn't scroll to the bottom automatically when displaying a new message
  • Link to view banned members disn't show up in the navtab sub-menu
Added new feature
  • Added a leaderboard allowing to view chatbox top posters

Read the rest of this update entry...

How much bandwidth does this use. I understand the general idea of Ajax vs others. But without the constant requests. On siropu I went over 70gb in a month where we usually barely hit 2gb

Top Bottom