XF 2.1 Change Node Icons

Alfuzzy

I've done some searches regarding changing Node Icons (read & unread) for XF 2...and have read thru a couple of the older threads posted here.

From what I understand the icons are from "Font Awesome"...and it appears that extra.less template needs to be modified.

Is this the only way to modify/change node icons (modifying the extra.less template)...or is there an easier built-in way...or is there an addon that makes this easy?

Thanks

Here's an example of CSS
Code:
.node--idxx.node--link .node-icon i:before {
    content: "\fxxx";
}
The xx is the node number so you can put a calendar icon in your events forum for example.
The fxxx is the FA.

Here's an add-on:

Thanks beerForo.

When I go to the "Iconify Custom Node Icons" link...the description says that "Iconify Integration" add-on must also be installed.

When I go to the "Iconify Integration" page...and read the description...it says:

"this add-on is not ready to be used in production yet. This is early release that might (and probably does) contain bugs."

I see both add-on's were posted December, 2018...and both are are still beta after all this time (version 0.0.3)...do both addon's work reliably/not buggy?

Thanks

There's a few add-ons, try searching. ;)

...try searching. ;)

Yes you're right.:)

I've been very very busy setting up my new XF 2.1 install (not something I've done before)...specifically usergroup permissions, node permissions, and theme customizing. There's a bit of a learning curve involved ...so my head's exploding a bit!;)

Sometimes looking for some fast answers/solutions to keep things moving forward.

Thanks for the help.:)

Code:
.node--idxx.node--link .node-icon i:before {
    content: "\fxxx";
}
How can we target the sub-forum icon? I notice when I have a custom one using CSS, but I make it a sub, it reverts to the XF default. When in forum view of that forum it's fine, but on forum home where it shows the sub under the main forum, it's the XF one. Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom