XF 2.2 Can't click some button text, just the coloured background

Mendalla

This qualifies as a minor, but occasionally irritating, problem. When I want to click the Post Thread or New Posts button on the Forum List page, it only lets me click on the coloured area around the text. If I hover over the text itself, the cursor switches from the hand (for clicking) to the arrow and the button colour shifts back to the base as if I wasn't hovering. Same with the Post Thread button on New Posts. But if I am in the thread list for a forum, then the Post Thread button works normally.

Thoughts on what might be awry and what to look at?

Additional weirdness: If i open an Incognito tab and view the site without logging in, the New Posts button works normally for Unregistered/Guest users. It only seems to be an issue if I am logged in. And I did test with my test account (which is setup as a normal Registered user rather than an admin) and got the same results as under my own account.

I just checked your site and the button behaves the same as this site, assuming it's this one.

1662904903021.png

If it only happens when logged in then there is content on the page which is no visible to guests which is affecting it.

Most likely some bad markup from a notice or similar.

I just checked your site and the button behaves the same as this site, assuming it's this one.

View attachment 273196

If it only happens when logged in then there is content on the page which is no visible to guests which is affecting it.

Most likely some bad markup from a notice or similar.
Thanks, I'll have a look. There's no active notices right now and I can't think of anything that's changed on that page that would only be visible to registered users. I only noticed in the past week so have no idea how long it has been going on. I did have an oops last weekend (long story) so maybe something lingering from that, though I am not sure what.

Top Bottom