Fixed Cannot create Windows Hello passkey

Sim

Affected version
xenforo.com XF 2.3b2
Not sure if this is a xenforo.com issue or a Windows issue - for some reason I cannot create a Windows Hello passkey for xenforo.com/community on my laptop.

I have been able to create Windows Hello passkeys on two of my desktop machines, but on my laptop, I don't get that option:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 084442.webp

I'll test it on my daughter's laptop and report back.

All devices are running Windows 11.

Ahh - works fine on my daughter's laptop, so I'm inclined to think this is a Windows issue on my laptop.

Every other website that supports passkeys does give me the option to create a Windows Hello passkey on my laptop, it's just xenforo.com/community which is not giving me the option.

Every other website that supports passkeys does give me the option to create a Windows Hello passkey on my laptop, it's just xenforo.com/community which is not giving me the option.
Yeah, I'd say pretty much every website that supports WebAuthN also enables RS256 - xenforo.com does not ;)

Yeah, I'd say pretty much every website that supports WebAuthN also enables RS256 - xenforo.com does not ;)
I have three machines which successfully created Windows Hello passkeys for xenforo.com - it's just this one laptop which won't show the option.

I just tried this again on my laptop now that the new code has been deployed on xenforo.com and it worked - I was able to create a Windows Hello passkey and log in using it (fingerprint scan is so quick/convenient!).

This bug report can be closed as Fixed.

Top Bottom