Can Xenforo reduce image dimensions automatically after it's uploaded?

gogo

I understand there's a ' Maximum attachment image dimensions' option in the Attachment page but I would like users to add image by taking pictures directly from their phone so those values cannot be too small. I set it to 4000x4000.

Of course they take up too much storage space even after using some image optimizer add-on.

I would like to have those images changed to smaller ones automatically after they're uploaded.

Is there such a function or add-on doing so? Or is there a better way to achieve my purpose?

@AndyB has a couple, although I haven't tried them out yet:

I understand there's a ' Maximum attachment image dimensions' option in the Attachment page but I would like users to add image by taking pictures directly from their phone so those values cannot be too small. I set it to 4000x4000.

Of course they take up too much storage space even after using some image optimizer add-on.

I would like to have those images changed to smaller ones automatically after they're uploaded.

Is there such a function or add-on doing so? Or is there a better way to achieve my purpose?

If you set Maximum attachment image dimensions say 2000px, it doesn't mean that members will not be able to upload pictures directly from their phones. It means that their 4000px images will be resized automatically and stored as 2000px.

Top Bottom