XF 1.5 Can SSL Cause Server Errors During a Subfolder Install?

Matthew Hutchinson

My site uses XF 1.5. Last night, I added SSL. Right now, I'm trying to install a test version of XF2 in a subfolder of my site's root. My plan is to create a demo account my users can play around to acquaint themselves with XF2's new features before I upgrade. So far, three attempts have returned a 500 server error while the system was trying to process style info. This never happened prior to SSL. Could the SSL be conflicting with the install?

If you used a copied website and upgraded yes there is an issue with the login! I had to use a seperate browser to login into the test site because of the cookies and domain link with same name and password!

If you used a copied website and upgraded yes there is an issue with the login!

Didn't copy, just created a subfolder off the root and tried installing there. Doing that also explains why previous test versions and my live site have always prompted me to log back into either whenever I was done with the other. I presume installing in a subdomain instead of a subfolder will eliminate that issue as well. :P

Didn't copy, just created a subfolder off the root and tried installing there. Doing that also explains why previous test versions and my live site have always prompted me to log back into either whenever I was done with the other. I presume installing in a subdomain instead of a subfolder will eliminate that issue as well. :p

Yes with a different domain or subdomain name yes!

Didn't copy, just created a subfolder off the root and tried installing there. Doing that also explains why previous test versions and my live site have always prompted me to log back into either whenever I was done with the other. I presume installing in a subdomain instead of a subfolder will eliminate that issue as well. :p

You will need to have different cookie prefixes as the cookie will apply to the top level of the domain.

Put this in the config file of the 2nd install:

Code:
$config['cookie']['prefix'] = 'something_';

Top Bottom