XF 1.5 Can I actually ``hide´´ all the ''DATES info" on every board? No clocks!

Recepcionist

Im going inactive for a long time and thought about turning off everything that has to do with '''''''a date''''''

I dont want the "Last Time ......" "...10minutes ago..." "3 days ago.." "1/10/16"

Just the user who created it. Not when.
(talking about Posts of course!)

Thanks!! <3 Great forum tech, first forum and lovin it. Everything is idiot proof! (..except this xd)

Assuming that you are talking about the posts, at the post template remove this code:

HTML:
<a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="datePermalink"><xen:datetime time="$post.post_date" /></a>

Or better yet, comment it. It would be much easier to readd it back later.

Assuming that you are talking about the posts, at the post template remove this code:

HTML:
<a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="datePermalink"><xen:datetime time="$post.post_date" /></a>

Thank you, I'll comment! :P I meant this:

Y4mHpdS.png

and inside:

WrEF5oN.png

HTML:

I just did this

I found the code in a place called "post"

And deleted it. But the dates still show. :o

Thank You Brogan! I'm reading through, used the CTRL+U trick (didn't know it, thanks) and I'm searching in the CSS everything with "date"

Is it where @wang actually told me? Because I actually did remove that but it didn't work.
You can either edit the relevant templates and comment out or delete the content, or use CSS to hide it.

This set of guides should help you achieve that: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to.4390/
I'm gonna keep looking for date and keep trying. If anyone can help in the next 4 hours I will appreciate it (at least a hint please)!

edit:

i think this is one of the codes
lastThreadDate
gonna try to cut the red cable now

edit2:

strange, I can't find "lastThreadDate" on Default Style using @Brogan 's guide :\

Im gonna keep researching.. thanks!

Last edited:
Thank You Brogan! I'm reading through, used the CTRL+U trick (didn't know it, thanks) and I'm searching in the CSS everything with "date"

Is it where @wang actually told me? Because I actually did remove that but it didn't work.

I'm gonna keep looking for date and keep trying. If anyone can help in the next 4 hours I will appreciate it (at least a hint please)!

edit:

i think this is one of the codes
lastThreadDate
gonna try to cut the red cable now

The code I posted, it is to remove the date in post view. To remove it at the thread list, go to thread_list_item template and remove this code:

HTML:
<span class="startDate">,
                    <a{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, ' href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"'} class="faint"><xen:datetime time="$thread.post_date" title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}" /></a></span>

Ad this:

HTML:
<dd class="muted"><a{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id}', ' href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a></dd>

Thanks for your help wang, sadly it still doesn't work:

I copied your code and replaced it with the one above.

This is what I have now:

HTML:
<div class="secondRow">
                <div class="posterDate muted">
                    <xen:username user="$thread" title="{xen:phrase thread_starter}" /><dd class="muted"><a{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id}', ' href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a></dd>
<xen:if is="{$showForumLink}"><span class="containerName">

I do not understand. The coded you posted, it adds the date. If you do not want the date to display, then you must remove that code and not add it. If you remove both instances of the code that I posted above, the date for first and last messages will not be displayed on thread list.

And something else, are you removing the codes at the template of your custom style?

I made the same thing to the Custom Theme now, also thread_list

I deleted and replaced with the code you gave me.

I want to remove the 'Date' from the front page. Yeah!

RBidH5K.png

I deleted this from thread_list:

HTML:
<span class="startDate">,
                    <a{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, ' href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"'} class="faint"><xen:datetime time="$thread.post_date" title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}" /></a></span>

And replaced with:

The other code you gave me:

HTML:
<dd class="muted"><a{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id}', ' href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a></dd>

Default Style
+
Custom Theme

I made the same thing to the Custom Theme now, also thread_list

I deleted and replaced with the code you gave me.

I want to remove the 'Date' from the front page. Yeah!

RBidH5K.png

You must remove the code I posted, and not replace it. To remove the time for the last message, remove this code from said template.

HTML:

You must remove the code I posted, and not replace it. To remove the time for the last message, remove this code from said template.

HTML:
Thank you

I removed both codes as you said. On default and Custom Theme.

Still not working :(

HTML:

HEYYY!!!

Inside it worked! Inside the forum!!

FGSqiuY.png

thanks a lot! :)

<3

But its still showing the date "outside the forum" (when you view the Home) below the nickname! :(

What do you think it's happening @wang?

Are you removing it from the custom style that you are actually using it as a default and not from some other custom style?

Can you please post here, preferably withing the html tags, the contents of the thread_list template of your custom style?

Thanks @wang

This is the url http://goo.gl/hvPgfZ

And I want to remove the dates you see in the front page below the nick, before entering the forums/subforums.

I edited all the thread_lists I could find, so.. i think I did it right :P

- DefaultStyle
- XenBase
· Fusion Style <- what im using

All 3 edited (Removed what you said)

thread_list_item of what Im using (Fusion)

*it is exactly like it came - I only removed what you told me*

HTML:
<xen:require css="discussion_list.css" />

<xen:if is="{$thread.isDeleted}"><xen:include template="thread_list_item_deleted" /><xen:else />

<li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state}{xen:if '!{$thread.discussion_open}', ' locked'}{xen:if {$thread.sticky}, ' sticky'}{xen:if {$thread.isNew}, ' unread'}{xen:if {$thread.prefix_id}, ' prefix{$thread.prefix_id}'}{xen:if {$thread.isIgnored}, ' ignored'} {xen:if $thread.thread_is_watched, threadWatched} {xen:if $thread.forum_is_watched, forumWatched}" data-author="{$thread.username}">

<div class="listBlock posterAvatar">
        <span class="avatarContainer">
            <xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" img="true" />
            <xen:if is="{$thread.user_post_count}"><xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="s" img="true" class="miniMe" title="{xen:phrase you_have_posted_x_messages_in_this_thread, 'count={xen:number $thread.user_post_count}'}" /></xen:if>
        </span>
    </div>

<div class="listBlock main">

<div class="titleText">
            <xen:if hascontent="true">
                <div class="iconKey">
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:hook name="thread_list_item_icon_key" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}">
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.discussion_type} == 'poll'"><span class="hasPoll" title="{xen:phrase polls}"><i class="fa fa-bar-chart fa-fw"></i></span></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.isModerated}"><span class="moderated" title="{xen:phrase moderated}"><i class="fa fa-shield fa-fw"></i></span></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="!{$thread.discussion_open}"><span class="locked" title="{xen:phrase locked}"><i class="fa fa-lock fa-fw"></i></span></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.sticky}"><span class="sticky" title="{xen:phrase sticky}"><i class="fa fa-thumb-tack fa-fw"></i></span></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.isRedirect}"><span class="redirect" title="{xen:phrase redirect}"><i class="fa fa-share fa-fw"></i></span></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.thread_is_watched} OR {$thread.forum_is_watched}"><span class="watched" title="{xen:phrase watched}"><i class="fa fa-eye fa-fw"></i></span></xen:if>
                    </xen:hook>
                </xen:contentcheck>
                </div>
            </xen:if>

<h3 class="title">
                <xen:if is="{$thread.canInlineMod}"><input type="checkbox" name="threads[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" class="InlineModCheck" id="inlineModCheck-thread-{$thread.thread_id}" data-target="#thread-{$thread.thread_id}" title="{xen:phrase select_thread}: {$thread.title}" /></xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions}"><input type="checkbox" name="thread_ids[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" /></xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$thread.prefix_id}">
                    <xen:if is="{$linkPrefix}">
                        <a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, 'prefix_id={$thread.prefix_id}'}" class="prefixLink"
                            title="{xen:phrase show_only_threads_prefixed_by_x, 'prefix={xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, plain, ""}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, html, ''}</a>
                    <xen:else />
                        {xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}
                <a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
                    title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
                    class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
                    data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
                <xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads/unread, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}"></a></xen:if>
            </h3>

<div class="secondRow">
                <div class="posterDate muted">
                    <xen:username user="$thread" title="{xen:phrase thread_starter}" /> <xen:if is="{$showForumLink}"><span class="containerName">,
                    <a href="{xen:link forums, $thread.forum}" class="forumLink">{$thread.forum.title}</a></span></xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$showLastPageNumbers} AND {$thread.lastPageNumbers}">
                        <span class="itemPageNav">
                            <span>...</span>
                            <xen:foreach loop="$thread.lastPageNumbers" value="$pageNumber">
                                <a href="{xen:link threads, $thread, 'page={$pageNumber}'}">{$pageNumber}</a>
                            </xen:foreach>
                        </span>
                </div>

<div class="controls faint">
                    <xen:if is="{$thread.canEditThread}"><a href="javascript:" data-href="{xen:link 'threads/list-item-edit', $thread, 'showForumLink={$showForumLink}'}" class="EditControl JsOnly">{xen:phrase edit}</a></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions} AND {$thread.email_subscribe}">{xen:phrase email}</xen:if>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

<div class="listBlock stats pairsJustified" title="{xen:phrase members_who_liked_first_message}: {xen:if $thread.isRedirect, '&ndash;', {xen:number $thread.first_post_likes}}">
        <dl class="major"><dt>{xen:phrase replies}:</dt> <dd>{xen:if $thread.isRedirect, '&ndash;', {xen:number $thread.reply_count}}</dd></dl>
        <dl class="minor"><dt>{xen:phrase views}:</dt> <dd>{xen:if $thread.isRedirect, '&ndash;', {xen:number $thread.view_count}}</dd></dl>
    </div>

<div class="listBlock lastPost">
        <xen:if is="{$thread.isRedirect}">
            <div class="lastPostInfo">{xen:phrase n_a}</div>
        <xen:else />
            <dl class="lastPostInfo">
                <dt><xen:if is="{xen:helper isIgnored, $thread.last_post_user_id}">{xen:phrase ignored_member}<xen:else /><xen:username user="$thread.lastPostInfo" /></xen:if></dt>

</dl>
    </div>
</li>

For that you must edit the node_forum_level_2 template. Remove this code in said template:

HTML:
<xen:datetime time="$forum.lastPost.date" class="muted lastThreadDate" data-latest="{xen:phrase latest}: " />

For that you must edit the node_forum_level_2 template. Remove this code in said template:

HTML:
<xen:datetime time="$forum.lastPost.date" class="muted lastThreadDate" data-latest="{xen:phrase latest}: " />

YOU ARE THE BEST

im going to buy one of our addons tomorrow

Im thinking of Private Messages Tool im gonna send you a message with some questions about your Addon later

P.S: If you check the url again, it went away, but.. Do you know how I can:

Remove the "coma" after the nickname now? Thank you!

At the same template, find this bit of code:

HTML:
<span class="lastThreadUser"><xen:if is="{xen:helper isIgnored, $forum.last_post_user_id}">{xen:phrase ignored_member}<xen:else /><xen:username user="$forum.lastPost" /></xen:if>,</span>

And remove the comma.

Top Bottom