bypassing XF auth using custom cookie?

Colosus

i'm looking to setup a XF install which respects my existing application's authentication.

my goal is to have the user never, ever login to XF directly but instead login to my application and have XF use the session cookie i create to figure out who they are.

are there any examples of this behavior i can use as a base? what files should i look to edit in XF in order to bypass the built-in auth and read my custom cookie for session info?

thanks!

i'm looking to setup a XF install which respects my existing application's authentication.

my goal is to have the user never, ever login to XF directly but instead login to my application and have XF use the session cookie i create to figure out who they are.

are there any examples of this behavior i can use as a base? what files should i look to edit in XF in order to bypass the built-in auth and read my custom cookie for session info?

thanks!
Sounds like you are trying to do a bridge..

hmm... I think instead of trying to get xenforo to use your app's cookie, should be the way around, try to get your app to work xenforo's cookie. But this is just to answer your question. There are different ways to share session, you could include the xf's initiation code and try to mimic user's login, or also using curl.. I haven't done any bridges for xenforo as of yet, but these are the general methods for bridges.

Top Bottom