XF 2.1 Blog Style posting? - Publish or Draft

So, I know there is a "draft" system built in to the forum. It's not what I am looking for.

I like to post things ahead of time and actually post them at certain times. Is there a way to create a post and actually "post" it at a later date, or save it as a visible draft in the forum without others using them.

The way I have been having to do it is creating the post, and then deleting it from public view. This is a problem because some may subscribe to the forum and see a post has been made, only to not find it there until I undelete it to make it visible for all.

I guess I am thinking of something like Wordpress where you have the option to publish immediately, or at a later date, but also have the ability to save a draft for later revisions or completion.

XF does not have the ability to post a thread in the future.

What you can do is compose the thread in a staff only forum, then move the thread to the public forum.
Or copy and paste the contents to a new thread in the public forum.

Well that is definitely better than undeleting them. But won’t the post have a back dated creation date? I believe the undelete method does too. No way to change the post date is there?

There is also an addon from @Andy change the date.

Top Bottom