XF 2.3 Bard, OpenAI, Copilot - Which AI is best to help for coding xenForo ?

Which AI is best to help for coding xenForo ?

• Bard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OpenAI

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Copilot

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Marcus

I used the free Copilot but noticed he looses its spark during the day, I guess the free version has GPT-4 only for the first 30 answers? I went on to use OpenAI so yes it is free to use nowadays but the GPT-4 does cost money. The version that does browsing like Copilot starts at 60 USD / month, so I used the 20 USD plan but it did take some time to get it up to 2024, the first answers were wrong and based on 2021.

Exactly, we don’t need AI inserting junk into the equation, there already is enough of that.

Sigh. Probably a bit late to worry about that. Two of the first MS products to get Copilot were Github and Visual Studio so using AI for code is already pretty well embedded. I haven't seen anything specifically related to PHP or things like CSS yet, though I imagine Copilot can do at least the latter.

For coding, you might want to look at the paid version of Claude Opus, from my experience best at top - ranked
  1. Claude Opus paid allows a 200K context window which for long character-based code is much better
  2. ChatGPT Plus paid/GPT4 API with 128K context window
  3. Claude Sonnet free
  4. Google Gemini Pro paid / ChatGPT 3.5 free
  5. Perplexity AI
  6. Google Gemini free
Claude doesn't natively do web searches so if that is needed use ChatGPT Plus and/or Google Gemini :)

Bard = Gemini

I have MS Copilot subscription as part of free licensing eligible for open source projects but rarely use it. Test them all and see which is better for your tasks :)

AI is the future of coding.

ChatGPT was spitting out XenForo 2.3 code references long before a beta was ever released so someone at XenForo was using it.

AI coding isn't perfect at this point but it's getting there quickly. I would venture to say that at this point if you aren't using AI to do at least some of your coding you are wasting valuable time.

Top Bottom