[OzzModz] Ban Registrations by Hostname

[OzzModz] Ban Registrations by Hostname 2.0.2

No permission to download

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Ban Registrations by Hostname - Ban user registrations by their hostname

This add-on will block users from registering on your site by their Hostname.

While this isn't the preferred way to block registrations, it has it's uses and is effective.

Registrations are blocked in the following order..
  1. If the IP Address is the same as the HOSTNAME (must enable option to activate)

Example: If the IP Adress is 111.111.111.111 and the hostname is 111.111.111.111 the user will not be able to register.

2. If the HOSTNAME supplied by the IP Address is in the...

Read more about this resource...

If you can make Ban user registrations by their country it would be more popular and easier to use than ban by hostname

If you can make Ban user registrations by their country it would be more popular and easier to use than ban by hostname
That already exists. There are at least two addons that do that:

My English is not the best and I dont understand if I can do this:

ad
zslsz.com

everyone with a mailadresse
{something}@zslsz.com get a message: "not possible"

-------------------------

the better way, i guess, would be to say: "thank you a lot, you are registered" and just don't save nothing.
Then a spammer does not know after a second that he can't use this address.

My English is not the best and I dont understand if I can do this:

ad
zslsz.com

everyone with a mailadresse
{something}@zslsz.com get a message: "not possible"

-------------------------

the better way, i guess, would be to say: "thank you a lot, you are registered" and just don't save nothing.
Then a spammer does not know after a second that he can't use this address.
On the other hand, a legitimate person using the banned host name would never know why can't register.

However this is just as well optional, so admins can decide how to handle refusal. As a general principle, I don't like having "tells" in anti-spam tools. We've been talking about eliminating them in our anti-spam products. Making the "tells" optional seems a fair approach.

Top Bottom